If you’ve ever found yourself working in Windows File Explorer and needed to quickly switch file names to uppercase, you might have noticed it’s not an easy task. It’s not as simple as a button press or menu item – and if you have a large number of file names to change, it can be a tiresome chore. Fortunately, solutions exist for this problem, and we’re going to explore a seamless way to make these changes using the AnyCase App.
Why You Might Want To Change To All Caps In File Explorer
File naming conventions can be crucial in a variety of settings, from data organization and retrieval to ensuring scripts and programs run correctly. Sometimes, these conventions require all uppercase file names, which Windows File Explorer does not easily support out of the box.
Transforming To Uppercase With AnyCase App
AnyCase App is an in-place case converter for Windows. It can easily handle converting file names to uppercase in Windows File Explorer, along with many other useful tasks. With AnyCase, you can use global shortcuts to quickly convert file names to uppercase right in place, without needing to copy and paste text to another program.
Belts-in Shortcuts list using AnyCase App
|Windows Shortcut (keys to press)||Action|
|Win+Alt+L||To convert selection to lowercase|
|Win+Alt+U||To convert selection to All Caps (UPPERCASE)|
|Win+Alt+T||To convert selection to Title Case|
|Win+Alt+S||To convert selection to Sentence case|
|Win+Alt+A||To convert selection to AlTeRnAtInG CaPs|
|Win+Alt+O||Opens main window with all the app's options|
How To Use AnyCase App To Convert To Uppercase In Windows File Explorer
Here’s how you can use AnyCase App to switch file names to uppercase:
- Download and Install AnyCase App – First, download the latest version of AnyCase App. Once downloaded, install the application following the prompts on your screen. It’s Microsoft Store certified and supports Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7.
- Open Windows File Explorer – Next, open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the directory with the file names you want to convert to uppercase.
- Select the File Name – Click once on the file name you want to change to select it, then click again to make the file name editable.
- Use the AnyCase Shortcut – With the file name selected and editable, press the AnyCase shortcut for uppercase conversion: Win+Alt+U.
- Repeat as Needed – Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each file name you need to change to uppercase.
Note: If you want to customize your shortcuts, AnyCase App allows you to define your own key combinations to suit your preferences.
Benefits of Using AnyCase App
With AnyCase App, you have a versatile tool at your disposal that goes beyond just converting file names in Windows File Explorer. It offers shortcuts for a variety of case conversions, supports a multitude of programs, and even allows for custom capitalization of specific words. AnyCase can even change the text language after you’ve started typing, an indispensable tool for bilingual or multilingual users.
Try It Out For Yourself
Converting file names to uppercase in Windows File Explorer doesn’t have to be a tedious task. With AnyCase App, you can easily switch to all caps in a matter of seconds. Why not give it a try and see how it can streamline your workflow?
Feel free to share this post with anyone else who might benefit from knowing how to change to all caps in Windows File Explorer!