3 Easy Ways To Convert Case In The New Versions Of Mozilla Thunderbird
Text case conversion plays a significant role in enhancing the readability and visual appeal of written content. When it comes to Mozilla Thunderbird, the popular email client, users often find themselves seeking efficient methods to convert text case. In this article, we will explore various solutions to convert text case to all caps in Thunderbird, including manual copy-paste methods, dedicated apps like AnyCase, add-ons like TitleCase, and alternative techniques such as keyboard shortcuts. Additionally, let’s start.
Converting text case is a common need for individuals dealing with written content, whether it’s an email, document, or even a simple message. While Mozilla Thunderbird offers a robust platform for managing emails, it lacks built-in features for text case conversion. However, fear not, as we delve into several effective solutions to convert text case in Thunderbird.
The Manual Method Copying And Pasting
One of the most straightforward methods is the traditional copy-paste approach. You can copy the text from Thunderbird, paste it into a text editor that supports case conversions, make the necessary changes, and then copy the converted text back into Thunderbird. This method works well for occasional use, but it becomes tedious and time-consuming when dealing with frequent case conversions.
Belts-in Shortcuts list using AnyCase App
|Windows Shortcut (keys to press)||Action|
|Win+Alt+L||To convert selection to lowercase|
|Win+Alt+U||To convert selection to All Caps (UPPERCASE)|
|Win+Alt+T||To convert selection to Title Case|
|Win+Alt+S||To convert selection to Sentence case|
|Win+Alt+A||To convert selection to AlTeRnAtInG CaPs|
|Win+Alt+O||Opens main window with all the apps options|
For a manual case conversion using word as an example you can follow these steps:
- Open Thunderbird and navigate to the email containing the text you want to convert the case for.
- Select the text you want to convert by highlighting it with your cursor.
- Right-click on the highlighted text and choose “Copy” from the context menu, or press Ctrl+C on your keyboard to copy the text.
- Open Microsoft Word on your computer.
- Create a new document in MS Word by clicking on “File” in the top menu, selecting “New,” and choosing “Blank Document.”
- Paste the copied text into the MS Word document by right-clicking on the blank page and selecting “Paste” from the context menu, or by pressing Ctrl+V on your keyboard.
- In MS Word, In the home tab click on “Aa” icon, to the right of the text size drop down.
- Select the conversion you would like to perform (Upper case, lower case, title case).
- Once the text is converted to all caps for example, you can copy it again by selecting it and pressing Ctrl+C.
- Go back to Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Paste the converted text back into the desired location by pressing Ctrl+V on your keyboard.
That’s a manual process that may be good for a few round trips, let’s go over better and faster solutions that can accomplish the same thing directly in place in one click.
Converting text case in Thunderbird and hundreds of other applications
You’re not working only in Thunderbird, so for a more streamlined and efficient solution, you can rely on apps dedicated to case conversions, AnyCase App works across hundreds of applications with the same customizable shortcuts. Using it you can immediately convert to all caps for example in popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, as well as desktop applications like Outlook, Excel, and Slack. By installing AnyCase, you’ll immediately be able to the convert case In every Thunderbird field, Whether it’s email message area, the email Title field, Events and Tasks area, The Address Book fields, basically wherever you can Editable text in Thunderbird AnyCase can convert the text case directly in-place in one click.
To convert case of the text using the AnyCase app, follow these steps:
- Download and install the AnyCase app on your computer. Ensure that you choose the version compatible with your operating system.
- Once AnyCase is installed, open Mozilla Thunderbird and navigate to the email or text you want to convert the case for.
- Select the section of text that you wish to convert to all caps.
- Use was one of the shortcuts from the shortcuts table on this page (ctrl+win+u for all caps for example)
- The text will be instantly transformed within Thunderbird itself, and your done.
Using an add on to change case in Thunderbird
Another option for Thunderbird users is utilizing add-ons like TitleCase a popular add on for Thunderbird. This add-on provides a range of case conversion options, including Title Case, Proper Case, Upper Case, Toggle Case, and Lower Case. With TitleCase, users can conveniently highlight the desired text in Thunderbird and apply the specific case conversion they require. While this solution offers a degree of flexibility, Unfortunately at the time of this writing the last update of this add on was in Dec. 20, 2018, and it is not clear if it is compatible with the more newer versions of Thunderbird, the reality is that to constantly maintain a project it requires time, specifically the volunteering of free time/work of the person maintaining the add on, a lot of the times the person that offered thee add on or product already moved on to different projects.
Built-In Case Conversion Shortcuts In Mozilla Thunderbird
Thunderbird does not offer built-in keyboard shortcuts for text case conversion. However, the TitleCase add on offers a predefined set of case conversion shortcuts , and AnyCase App (Download link for latest version) will let you customize your own shortcuts in addition to a set of predefined shortcuts it provides, AnyCase integrates seamlessly with Thunderbird and empowers users to define their preferred shortcuts for various case conversions. This feature enhances productivity and reduces the reliance on manual operations.
In conclusion, converting text case in Mozilla Thunderbird can be accomplished through various methods. While manual copy-paste, add-ons like TitleCase, and alternative techniques like keyboard shortcuts provide viable solutions, the AnyCase app stands out as the recommended choice. Its extensive functionality, compatibility with Thunderbird, and ability to work seamlessly within numerous programs make AnyCase an ideal tool for users aiming to convert text case efficiently. With AnyCase, Thunderbird users can elevate their productivity and enjoy a smoother case conversion experience.
In conclusion, converting text case in Mozilla Thunderbird can be accomplished through various methods. While manual copy-paste, add-ons like TitleCase, and alternative techniques like keyboard shortcuts provide viable solutions, the AnyCase app stands out as an easy choice. Its extensive functionality, compatibility with Thunderbird, and ability to work seamlessly within numerous programs make AnyCase an ideal tool for users aiming to convert text case fast. With AnyCase, Thunderbird users can elevate their productivity with a smoother case conversion experience.